Printer’s Apprentice – Professional software for managing fonts. Features an elegant Explorer-style interface for viewing TTF, OTF & Type 1 fonts. Has extensive catalog and font sample sheet printing. Includes full help file & uninstall. Save up to 60% off on your purchase now!
Printer’s Apprentice Review at a Glance
Printer’s Apprentice is a fantastic font manager for Windows 7, Vista and XP. Whether you are a graphic artist or a publishing professional or a software enthusiast, if you have lots of fonts, you need this font manager software.
The main Printer’s Apprentice window is the launching point for other functions in the software. From here you can browse through your font collection, print sample sheets, read uninstalled fonts and manage font files.
With Printer’s Apprentice, you can perform actions on multiple fonts at once. For example, you can select one or more fonts, then click the Print button to generate printed catalog or sample sheets. Viewing fonts with Printer’s Apprentice is very easy. By default, Printer’s Apprentice starts with the Installed Fonts tab selected. These are the fonts installed on your computer.
Printer’s Apprentice also has several utility sample sheets. Two of the sample sheets show you the Windows character set of a typeface along with the ANSI number of the character. The Windows ANSI character set has has 255 characters. Most high quality typefaces will have the upper and lower case characters, standard punctuation symbols, numerals and foreign language characters. Shareware or freeware fonts typically contain a smaller number of characters. Printer’s Apprentice can also print a keyboard chart for dingbat fonts. This will help you locate dingbats on your keyboard.
Using Printer’s Apprentice to install fonts is easier than the Windows Control Panel. It lets you browse your drives and preview the fonts before installing them. This is very helpful when you are searching through a stack of CDs for a particular style of font for a project.
- Font browsing, previewing and printing works with TrueType, Adobe Type, and OpenType fonts. Font browsing and preview functions let you see and print fonts from any storage device without copying or installing files. You can look at every character of each font, see how fonts look in a paragraph, find symbol characters on the keyboard, and more!
- Intelligent font install and uninstall tools let you manage fonts with more options than the Windows Control Panel.
- Font grouping quickly installs or uninstalls user defined batches of fonts with a couple of clicks.
- Printer’s Apprentice shows you how fonts look on the printed page with nine (9) different sample sheets and eight (8) different catalogs. See the Font Catalogs & Sample Sheets page for more details.
- Do you have CDRs filled with fonts? Printer’s Apprentice can print catalog listings of every font on the CD with no effort at all!
- Viewing Fonts
- Selecting Fonts
- Printing Fonts
- Font Catalogs
- Font Sample Sheets
- Managing Fonts
- Installing &Uninstalling Fonts
- Using Font Groups
- Copy and Move Fonts
- Creating a Font File List
- Printer’s Apprentice is for Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP. Both 32 and 64 bit operating systems are supported.
- Printer’s Apprentice also requires the Microsoft .NET 2.0 runtime. This preinstalled on Windows 7 and Vista systems.
- If .NET 2.0 is not installed on your PC, the Printer’s Apprentice setup program will download and install it. However, we recommend downloading and installing .NET 2.0 prior to installing Printer’s Apprentice. The .NET 2.0 runtime can be downloaded directly from Microsoft using the link below.
You can download Printer’s Apprentice free of charge and take it for a test drive to see if it meets your needs. It has a complete uninstaller to cleanly remove the software from your system if needed.Free Download (9MB) back to menu ↑
User & Media Reviews
Printer's Apprentice costs US$24.99 for a single user license. The software license key is delivered to you via email.