The most lightweight non-signature anti-virus for Windows. Get Dr.Web KATANA with discount coupon up to 60% off
Dr.Web Katana Review Video
Shield your computer from threats that your anti-virus cannot yet recognize.
Dr.Web KATANA Review at a Glance
Currently, the number of infections on home and corporate PCs is growing. This is large because criminals have learned to design malware that can’t be detected by its signatures. Furthermore, in addition to Windows PCs, poorly protected network hardware and mobile devices are now the targets of cyber-attacks too. As many as 20 entries for new Trojan.Encoder variations are added into the Dr.Web virus database on a daily basis! Cyber-criminals use a streamlined malware development cycle that includes testing their malware against all popular anti-viruses.
A non-signature anti-virus offering preventive protection against the latest active threats, targeted attacks, and attempts by Trojans and exploits to use vulnerabilities, including zero-day ones, to penetrate systems. Dr.Web KATANA by Doctor Web consists of a set of next-generation Dr.Web anti-virus technologies that is designed to provide advanced protection. It will shield your computer from threats that your anti-virus cannot yet recognize.
Dr.Web KATANA offers protection against the latest malicious programs that have been designed to bypass detection by traditional signature-based scanning and heuristic mechanisms. These programs have not yet been analyzed by the anti-virus laboratory and, therefore, are unknown to Dr.Web at the moment of intrusion. They include the latest encryption ransomware programs, Trojan injectors, and Trojan blockers, as well as threats that use zero-day vulnerabilities.
The functionality of anti-virus software must constantly be enhanced to keep pace with ever-evolving and ever-increasing numbers of malware programs. An antivirus must be able to operate without interruption in anticipation of an imminent attack. Such enhancements often decrease computer performance and irritate users to the point that they sometimes prefer to disable their anti-virus protection in order to allow their computers to work faster. Dr.Web KATANA’s developers have significantly enhanced computer security to create a new product that is practically invisible in terms of system load and system resources. Dr.Web KATANA neutralizes the actions of active malware programs without overloading the system.
Knowledge of malware behavioural patterns is essential to protect systems against zero-day exploits. Dr.Web KATANA KNOWS how malware behaves and neutralises it successfully. Dr.Web KATANA provides protection against the latest threats that may be unknown to the conventional signature-based anti-virus used on your corporate computers.back to menu ↑
Key Features of Dr.Web KATANA:
- Protects critical system areas from being modified by malware.
- Detects and stops the execution of malicious, suspicious or unreliable scripts and processes.
- Detects unwanted file modification, monitors the operation of all processes to detect actions that are typical of malware (e.g., the activities of encryption ransomware), and prevents malicious objects from injecting their code into other processes.
- Detects and neutralizes threats that have not yet been discovered and entered in the Dr.Web virus database: encryption ransomware, web injectors.
- Protects against exploits—malicious objects that take advantage of software flaws, including those not yet known to anyone except for the intruders who created them (i.e., zero-day vulnerabilities).
- Controls the operation of the most popular browsers and their associated plugins; protects against browser blockers.
- Blocks malware’s ability to modify boot disk areas in order to prevent the launch of Trojan horses, for example, on your computer.
- Blocks changes from being made to the Windows Registry to ensure that the safe mode won’t be disabled.
- Prevents malicious programs from altering basic system routines.
- By blocking certain Windows Registry keys, it prevents malware from changing the appearance of the desktop or hiding a Trojan with a rootkit.
- Prevents malware from changing launch permissions.
- Prevents new or unknown drivers from being downloaded without user consent.
- Prevents malware and certain other applications, such as anti antiviruses, from adding their entries into the Windows Registry where they could be launched automatically.
- Locks registry sections containing information about virtual device drivers, ensuring that no new virtual devices are created.
- Blocks connections between spyware components and the server that controls them.
- Prevents malware from disrupting system routines such as scheduled backups.
- Сan operate in conjunction with other anti-viruses to enhance the protection of your computer
To run Dr.Web KATANA with optimum reliability and performance, your system should match the following requirements:
System Requirements for Windows OS:
- Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista SP2/XP SP2+ (32-bit)*
- Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista SP2 (64-bit)*
- RAM: at least 100 MB.
- Free disk space: ~150 MB. Temporary files created during installation will require additional disk space
- Internet access for registration and updating.
* The installation of Dr.Web Katana Control Center can be also performed on Windows Server 2008 SP2+/2003 SP1+ (32- bit operating systems) and Windows Server 2012/2008 SP2+ (64- bit operating systems)
System Requirements for Mac OS:
- Not Available
Please feel free to download Dr.Web KATANA here. Dr.Web KATANA has been tested professionally and we are assured that no viruses, Trojans, adware or malware contained.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Dr.Web KATANA retails for $29.17. But, on our website, The Software Shop, you can save on your purchase of its license key with a discount coupon code. This offer is available for a limited time!
1 PC / 1 Year License
Non-signature anti-virus for preventive protection against the latest active threats, target attacks and attempts to penetrate the system, via vulnerabilities, including zero-day vulnerabilities.
- does not conflict with third-party anti-viruses
- no configuration is required
- for Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista SP2/XP SP2+ (32 - and 64-bit systems)
This software is unavailable for Mac OS
The Software is not available as a software giveaway.